Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Artist Statement



I went to White Plains High School and to be honest it is under appreciated by most of the students there. It has wonderful programs that many other high schools don’t have. I myself felt that I didn’t appreciate it as much as I should have. Fortunately I came across a program that I did take advantage of that helped Latino students get internships to many different places. I was able to intern at Latina Magazine on 1500 Broadway in Manhattan. It opened my eyes to the media and fashion world.
            I got to know about fashion, beauty, brands, advertisements and so much more! Working behind the scene and learning how to use product placement and the media to get women to buy the magazine and the products in the magazine was an experience that has forever left me a mark. I am now a media and economist student that will eventually want to work in the business world. At this point I am not sure what I want to specialize in, but I love working with computers and now a days everyone is turning to the internet. Web designing has always been a great interest of mine and in the business world, you really have to be creative to sell your products and make it attractive to the consumers. Ultimately I want to use my knowledge in media, media productions and economy to work with magazines that will sooner or later become digitalize and help to bring attention to their websites and convince consumers to keep on consuming which is the main thing that makes our economy go round and round.

No comments:

Post a Comment